Please refer to this website for all information about becoming a soccer referee.:
The following are the steps that must be completed sequentially:
- Create a profile at https://www.ctreferee.net/referee_registration/
- Register and pay for the Connecticut portion of grassroots training, ($104.95), complete Safesport and background check if appropriate (18 or older).
- Register and complete the online training (approximately 5.5 hours) at US Soccer, to which the link is included within the Connecticut Grassroots Training process. Download the course completion certificate from US Soccer to your computer.
- Upload the US Soccer Grassroots completion certificate to the CT referee website to continue with the remaining training.
- Register and attend one in class (in person) session (5 hours). Calendar: https://www.ctreferee.net/calendar/
- Once the instructor posts the attendance to the in class session and the link says completed, you can continue to the Grassroots test.
- Receive 100% on the Grassroots test, you are then certified and can begin officiating.
Minimum age is 13 when the season starts to be able to referee.
For more details see the CT referee site: www.ctreferee.net
We pay the following for refereeing games:
- U10 Center $30
- U12 Center $40
- U14 Center $45 ($50 if single ref)
- Assistant Referee for U12 or U14 $25
We reimburse new referees for the cost of the initial course once they have worked for a minimum of five games and pass the test for the following year.
We do not reimburse for the referee uniform or equipment. The annual recertification course will be reimbursed if the referee worked five games or more during the season which he/she recertified.
Referee abuse will not be tolerated. Anyone witnessing abuse of referees should report it to a LOLSC coach or Board member.